Innovations in Practice Event
We are pleased to announce the first 'Innovations in Practice' event was held on 1 May 2014 at King Power Stadium, Leicester.
With delegates attending from around the country and 10 speakers from across Primary Care and NHS England the event certainly lived up to expectations. Delegates were given a live up to date position on the care.data scheme from Dr Geraint Lewis and Tim Carter from NHS England which sparked a lively and mostly positive debate about the extraction and recording of patient data.
Dr Steve Clay then gave a lively performance on why innovations are important to the survival of General Practice. Dr Clay's enigmatic style and ability to motivate certainly put people in the mood to hear the speed dating sessions.
The speed dating sessions below are available for download free of charge by clicking on the presenters name.
- Dr Arvind Madan - Improving Access, Outcomes and Efficiency
- Dr Shahid Ali - Digital Health, Engaged patients, Improved outcomes
- Dr Nikki Burger - GPs working with the Ambulance Service (available soon)
- Dr Mohammed Jiva - 7-Day Working, Access, Deflect and Discharge
- Jackie Shears - Intelligent Data Tools for Commissioning
- Dr Alison Graham - Doctor First, Why Bother?
- Dr Pawen Randev - Cancer - A Managed Clinical Pathway in Primary Care
- James de Bathe - Using Digital Technology to Widen Choice and Access in Mental Health
Below is a short video capturing the key highlights of the day. You may even star on the video...
We already have next year in mind and if you have any ideas for topics or would like to contribute please do get in touch.
Finally a big thankyou to everyone who turned up on the day you made it the success it was. It was great to catch up with some of our previous clients, meet our Twitter followers face to face and engage with like minded people. I am sure we will all stay in touch.
Meet the team who delivered the event.
From left to right;
Chris Boyce- Associate
Sharon Clay- Director
Dillon Sykes- Managing Director
Alison Graham- GP and Clinical Trainer at PPC
Steve Clay- GP and Clinical Director at PPC
Linda Sykes- Events Manager
Dave Harris- Project Manager/Clinical Systems Lead